Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

Life Inside the Looking-Glass

"For now we see through a glass darkly, then face to face: now I know in part, then I shall know even as also I am known." -1 Corinthians 13:12 KJV

As I start this weblog, I am in a relatively low place, vibrationally. I lost my job shortly before Christmas, I live at home with my parents at 35 years old, and my love life is basically non-existent. I am donating plasma just for an income of some kind, and a lack of my desires dominates my attention. I am looking at my life as though it is a dim image in a foggy mirror.

The truth is, most of us look at our lives in this way. For most people, life "happens" to them, and they respond with emotional reaction. But life does not have to be this way. We can clear the fog that makes the glass dark, a little at a time, or all at once; the gradual way is easier, but it does take time.

Paul spoke of seeing "face to face;" he meant just what I'm talking about here. He was talking about the quicker, more difficult way of Initiation, I am certain, but the image that he was talking about meeting "face to face" is the "real" person inside us all... The True Inner Being which is in constant contact with, and IS, the Divine Presence. Paul wanted to convey the idea that life as we usually see it is but a pale reflection of the underlying reality of Spirit.

So begins my journey. I am starting near the bottom, but all that means is, there is nowhere to go but UP. When I can look at the positive aspects of everything in my life experience, when I can stop resisting the flow of Well-Being that my physical body conducts naturally, when I can allow myself to accept myself with Unselfish Love, then I will see my Creator face to face, and see that I Am he, and He is Me, and We Know and are Known.

And so, Life is Good, despite all appearance to the contrary. Here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment